The Ilan Branch, Livestock Research Institute was first established in 1968 and was located at the Provincial Ilan Agricultural Professional High School. It was attached to the Taipei Agricultural Improvement Station at that time. Because duck is the only experimental animal of this Branch, it is well known as “Duck Research Center”. The Ilan Branch was moved to the present location in 1972. In the next year, it was reorganized as the Ilan Animal Propagation Center under Taiwan Livestock Research Institute and in 1976 it was renamed as the Ilan Animal Propagation Station. In 1981, it was upgraded as the Ilan Branch. This Branch was further reorganized for the organization simplifying as the Ilan Branch, Livestock Research Institute, Council of Agriculture, Executive Yuan on Jul. 1, 1999.
Assistance to the Duck Industry
1.Genetic selection and improvement of duck breeds
2. Researches on duck nutrition
3. Researches on duck physiology
4. Establishment of duck feeding and management model
5. Research on duck processing products
6. Conservation and utilization of Tsaiya ducks and black Muscovy duck
7. Production and extension of excellent breeder ducks
8. Assistance to duck industry
9. Duck excreta treatment and reutilization
Copyright © 2015 Livestock Research Institute, Council of Agriculture,
Executive Yuan All Rights Reserved.
Address：No.112, Muchang, Xinhua Dist., Tainan City 71246, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
6 5911211 FAX：+886 6 59112452
This website will be best viewed in resolution of 1024*768.